Invention Convention Worldwide is a global K-12 invention education curricular program mapped to national and state educational standards that teaches students problem-identification, problem-solving, entrepreneurship and creativity skills and builds confidence in invention, innovation and entrepreneurship for life.
Here are websites to help you and your students learn about the excitement of inventions:
- A Guide to Inventions
- Famous Inventors
- How Inventions Change History (video)
- How the popsicle was invented (a TEDEd video)
- Invented by accident I
- Invented by accident II
- Inventions from the Military –crazy ones
- Inventors and Inventions
Check back here for updates on this list.
More about inventions
- Teach About Inventions with PowerPoint
- 5 Ideas for Teaching Students the Most Important Skill They’ll Need
- 5 Fun Science Experiments Kids Do at Home
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-12 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice, CSTA presentation reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.