- CommonLit https://www.commonlit.org/en/texts This site has a free collection of fiction and nonfiction for 3rd-12th grade classrooms, searchable by lexile, grade, theme, genre, literary device, or common core standard.
- Insert Learning–chrome app; embed questions, discuss
- Learning Ally–for struggling readers
- Read&Write–for Google Chrome, students write their own content and save as PDFs, share, add more than text
- Readorium–help with science reading
- ReadWorks https://www.readworks.org/ Thousands of passages including articles, paired texts, fiction and nonfiction, and more.
- Wonderopolis http://wonderopolis.org a new article posted each day answering an intriguing question.
- Youngzine http://youngzine.org news articles aimed at upper elementary through high school students.
- Prism–web or mobile; students read and highlight critical areas, which are shared with the teacher