- Insert Learning–chrome app; embed questions, discuss
- Learning Ally–for struggling readers
- Read&Write–for Google Chrome, students write their own content and save as PDFs, share, add more than text
- Readorium–help with science reading
- ReadWorks https://www.readworks.org/ Thousands of passages including articles, paired texts, fiction and nonfiction, and more.
- Wonderopolis http://wonderopolis.org a new article posted each day answering an intriguing question.
- Youngzine http://youngzine.org news articles aimed at upper elementary through high school students.
Behavior and Focus
- Ambient Audio tools – Resource Link
- Move It – Chrome extension link
- Simple Blocker – Chrome extension link
- uBlock Origin – Chrome extension link
Book Reviews (writing)
- Book trailer with Adobe Spark
- Book trailer with PowerPoint
- Choose Your Own Adventure–with Google Slides
- Using a timeline and Google Sheets
5 thoughts on “Reading”
Tappy Alphabet–coming soon http://www.taqteq.com/tappy-alphabet/
Please check out this new site: http://sightwords.com
The site contains a variety of free printable resources, carefully designed to facilitate learning at home and in the classroom, Features include:
– Lists of Fry and Dolch sight words!
– Flash Cards in a variety of sizes!
– 12 fully customizable Games, such as Bingo and Snakes & Ladders!
– Clear and concise sight words teaching techniques, complete with “how-to” videos!
Thanks for sharing this site, Margo!
You gave us lots of information, along with examples that are very helpful for me. Thank you so much for sharing.
Glad it’s helpful!