- Animation & Drawing by DoInk – Draw and animate your very own movie
- ChatterPix Kids – Endless fun for young and old. Few apps are easier to learn.
- ExplainEverything – Arguably one of the best iPad apps for education.
- Green Screen by DoInk – Quite possibly one of my favorite apps
- Hyperlapse – a time-lapse movie maker and video stabilization app
- iMotion HD – perfect for easy stop motion movies, or the odd time-lapse movie
- IntroMate Intro Maker for iMovie – Create awesome video intros quickly and easily
- IPEVO Whiteboard – Screencast and annotate over live video for free!
- Kapwing Studio–lots of tools for using video in the classroom
- MovieDrops for iMovie – perfect companion app for green screen video backgrounds
- Quik – the quickest and easiest app for making photo slideshows, bar none!
- Splice – a free video editor that is as good as, or better than, iMovie.
- TouchCast Studio – If you’ve never used it before, try it.
- Vialogues–create or upload video, add comments, have a conversation, embed
How-to video creators
- My Simple Show–a quick, easy explainer video from a template
Stop motion Animation
- Stop Motion Animator — for Chromebooks
Turn Lesson Plans into Videos
Video Collections (Clips)
- Magisto–choose video; select theme; add music; done
- Quick Video Editor
- Tammy’s YouTube Clipper–show just the part of the YT you want
- WeVideo–collaborative; record on mobile devices; edit on desktop; works great on Chromebooks
- YouTube editor
- EdPuzzle–desktop, iOS, Android; edit, quizzify, and add your voice to any video. Pick a video, personalize it for your group, add your voice, and then track student understanding. You can even include quizzes.
- PlayPosit–interactive videos
- Touchcast—An iOS app that allows you to take a video and add ‘hotspots’ with interactive elements.
- VideoNot.es–embed notes; link directly to your Google account; an app or Chrome app
- Wakelet–play videos without ads or distractions