We wrote about fake news earlier this week (How to defeat fake news–one teacher’s ideas). Here are additional resources you’ll find helpful in teaching about this topic:
- Fake News game— from BBC
- How to spot fake news — a video
- Interview with a fake news creator
- Make your own Fake News–with the Inspect tool (video); idea: change a website; ask students if they can tell it’s now fake
- Spot the Troll–recognize fake SM accounts
- TEDEd–how to choose your news
- Why People Fall for Misinformation--Video)
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-12 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice, CSTA presentation reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.
1 thought on “7 websites to teach fake news”
Comments are closed.