Here are a few of the popular resources teachers are using to reinforce chemistry in MS and HS:
- Beaker–a digital beaker app
- Chemistry collection from Carnegie
- Chemistry instructional videos
- ChemmyBear–resources for Chemistry and AP Chemistry classes
- CK12 Chemistry simulations
- Concord Consortium–chemistry, earth science, engineering, life science, physics
- Crash Course: Chemistry (videos)
- EMD PTE — periodic table
- Interactive Periodic Table
- Molecules–Molecules is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers.
- NanoSpace Molecularium–virtual amusement park about atoms and molecules; from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Periodic Table of Elements–interactive
- Periodic Table videos
- PhET Simulations for chemistry and physics
- Reactions–short videos on chemistry topics
- Slow Motion Chemistry — videos on chemistry
Click here for updates to this list.
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-12 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.