Need a few websites to fill in free minutes? Here are Holiday websites that will keep students busy while teaching them:
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Christmas Celebrations Across the World (video)
- Christmas puzzles and games
- Christmas—history—fun video
- Christmas Traditions Around the World (video)
- Gift Hunt–updated version of 12 Days of Christmas–just as much fun
- Holiday Crossword
- Holiday Elf Games
- Holiday Hangman II
- Holiday music II–sing along with the music–the site provides the words
- Holiday—Math Facts
- Holiday—North Pole Academy
- Phone call from Santa
- Santa Tracker
Holiday lesson plans here!
Here are some great (free) projects to keep your children tech-involved over the holidays. They take lots of critical thinking, problem-solving, and are worth the effort! Let me know how these go:
- 16 Holiday Projects
- Holiday Newsletter
- A Holiday Card in KidPix
- A Holiday Memory in Word or KidPix
- A Holiday Letter for Grades 2-6
- A Holiday Story in MS Word for Grades 2-7
- A Holiday Calendar in MS Publisher for Elementary School
- Where’d Christmas Come From
- The Power of Symbols–What does the word ‘Turkey’ mean?
Here’s the sign-up link if the image above doesn’t work:
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-12 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice, CSTA presentation reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, contributor to NEA Today and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.
3 thoughts on “14 Holiday Websites and 9+ Projects”
Lots of fun for everyone here, Jacqui. Thank you. 🙂
Many of these can be done at home, during the holidays, as well as at school. Thanks for visiting, Norah!
I always enjoy visiting your blog, Jacqui. I may miss a few posts when I’m busy but I have no other excuse.
Comments are closed.