Here are some activities for Groundhog Day–February 2nd:
- Fun Facts About Groundhogs–video
- Groundhog Day Digital Activities–grades 3-5
- Groundhog Day for Kids–a video
- Groundhog Day Games
- Groundhog Day Teaching Resources
- History of Groundhog Day–from History.com
- Punxsutawney Groundhog Club Website
- Why Groundhogs Supposedly Predict the Weather–video
If this is the 100th day of school, here are resources for that:
- 5 Videos to teach about winter
- Animal Winter Games
- Winter Facts and Worksheets
- The Winter Solstice, from PBS–a video for youngers
- Winter Vocabulary–a video
- What is a Solstice, from National Geographic–a video
- What is the Winter Season–a video
- Winter Coloring Pages, Printables, and more
- Winter Games–digital
Every year, January 1st is Public Domain Day. This is an observance of when copyrights expire and works enter into the public domain–free for all to use. According to Public Domain Review, here are some of the newly-available artistic works you might like a/o January 1, 2023:
The picture above is interactive. If you click it, you enter Public Domain Review’s website and can then explore each of these new sources of inspiration, free to use.
One that caught my attention is Winnie the Pooh, now in the public domain. Knowing that, I should feel comfortable posting his picture: (more…)
I’ll be taking a few weeks off (with several rare exceptions) to edit/format my website, work on projects with a deadline, prioritize life, and wish my two adult military children could come home to visit. I may drop in on you-all as you enjoy your holidays, but mostly I’ll be regenerating.
I wish you a wonderful season, safe and filled with family.
DialMyCalls (an AATT sponsor) has a special Christmas offer for kids:
Free Santa Calls To Your Family This Christmas
This Christmas we have a great gift for everyone! Whether you’re an existing DialMyCalls user or not, you can take advantage of our completely free phone call from Santa. Imagine the look on your child’s face when they receive a personalized phone call from Santa with his or her name on it!
- Simply select your child’s name and the message from Santa you want sent on this link.
- Pick the time, date and phone number you want the call sent to.
- We create a personalized message and send the call when you want it sent!
- Each household can send up to 3 free calls from Santa Claus.
- Additional Santa Calls may be purchased for a small fee.
What an amazing gift to any child for Christmas!
Need a few websites to fill in free minutes? Here are Holiday websites that will keep students busy while teaching them:
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Christmas Celebrations Across the World (video)
- Christmas puzzles and games
- Christmas—history—fun video
- Christmas Traditions Around the World (video)
- Gift Hunt–updated version of 12 Days of Christmas–just as much fun
- Holiday Crossword
- Holiday Elf Games
- Holiday Hangman II
- Holiday music II–sing along with the music–the site provides the words
- Holiday—Math Facts
- Holiday—North Pole Academy
- Phone call from Santa
- Santa Tracker
Need a few websites and apps to fill in sponge time? Here are Thanksgiving websites that will keep students busy and still teach them:
- Berenstein Bears Give Thanks (app)
- Canadian Thanksgiving
- Online/Offline Thanksgiving activities
- Plimoth Plantation–a field trip of a Pilgrim’s life. Included on this real-life site is a video of the Pilgrim’s crossing to the New World
- Thanksgiving coloring book
- Thanksgiving edu-websites–CybraryMan
- Thanksgiving Games
- Thanksgiving games and puzzles
- Thanksgiving games–Quia
- Thanksgiving information–history, more
- Thanksgiving Jigsaw
- Thanksgiving Lesson Plans
- Thanksgiving Wordsearch
- Turkey Templates — activities in Google Slides
If you’re an iPad school, try one of these:
If you’re looking for projects, you’ll find two on Ask a Tech Teacher:
For more, click here:
- Thanksgiving ASCII Art
- Countdown Clock for the Holiday
- Team Challenge
- Thanksgiving Poll
Here’s a gallery of some of the Thanksgiving/Holiday projects:
As many of you know, I have two wonderful children–one a LT CDR in the Navy and one a SSG (Staff Sergeant) in the Army. One day, they will both be veterans. I also have a long family history of relatives who fought for America. So today, I salute them and all others who have put their lives and dreams aside to support America’s values and principles. I can’t say it better than these videos:[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHGGtSUckaA] [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKmjhJ1__o&fs=1&hl=en_US] [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqUORIFV4I&fs=1&hl=en_US]