Here are a few of the popular resources teachers are using to teach about animals (click headings for more resources):
- African animals–research site for these animals
- Alphabetimals–learn the alphabet with animal sounds
- Audobon Bird Guide: North America (app)
- BrainPop Jr.
- Herd Tracker–watch the great migrations of East Africa in real time
- Plum’s Creaturizer--create new creatures; build a world around them (app)
- Shape of Life–videos for download
- Virry–animal cams (app)
- Yellowstone animal migrations--video
- Animal Games II
- Animal Games III
- Mystery Animal--using Google Home or online, guess the animal in 20 questions
- Cockroach Life Cycle and more
Click here for updates to this list.
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-12 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice, CSTA presentation reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, contributor to NEA Today, and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.