Buy a K-8 School License
get 5 free print books of the grade level you purchased
(domestic purchase or freight-forwarders only)
Usually, you get one desk copy for each grade level included in your school license. Between April 5th and 15th, get five per grade level. That’s enough for a team to each have one.
To take advantage of this special, purchase from Structured Learning with PayPal or with a PO. Email us (admin at structuredlearning dot net) with your proof of purchase. We’ll send the extra books.
What is a school license?
Benefits of a School License
- provide an overarching curriculum map for using technology in your school
- provide access to full text PDF (or videos where relevant) from every digital device in your school, 24 hours a day. This maximizes productivity and student independence.
- enable flexible learning paths as students work at their own pace, with the ability to review or work ahead as needed
- share tech-in-ed pedagogy to infuse your school with technology
- enable teachers to dig deeper into relevant topics, vertically integrate with core grade-level teachers
- provide multiple authentic and organic formative and summative assessment
- provide free online Help via Ask a Tech Teacher (staffed by educators who use SL resources) and grade-specific online resources (for K-5 tech curriculum). This is unique to Structured Learning’s technology curriculum, not found with any other provider.
Benefits of School License for Students
- provide easy access to monthly lessons, how-tos, rubrics, project samples, practice quizzes, grade-level expectations, homework, images, and checklists (grade level Scope and Sequence and the Ready to Move On monthly keyboard workbooks lists, for example)
- provide quick links to websites required in lessons
- provide full color instructions that can be zoomed in on for greater detail
- allow a convenient place to take lesson notes (using a PDF annotator like iAnnotate)
- encourage students to be independent in their learning, work at their own pace rather than a one-size-fits-all class pace. This is great both for students who need more time and those who ‘get it’ and want to move on
- enable a quick way to spiral up to the next grade level for quick learners or back to earlier resources for student needing to scaffold their learning
- provide access to 10 companion videos (Ultimate Guide to Keyboarding curriculum license only) to take students through each month of their keyboarding journey. They’re approximately one hour, viewed at student’s pace
- prepare students for the rigor of end-of-year summative testing
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-12 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice, CSTA presentation reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, contributor to NEA Today, and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.