- How to Undelete–push Ctrl+Z
- How to Show the Entire Drop Down Menu at once instead of clicking the menu item, clicking the double arrows at the bottom of the drop down list just to find your choice
- If your screen freezes, check around your workspace before you declare it frozen. There’s probably a dialog box that needs to be handled
- Turn an Address into a Link: Push the space bar after pasting in an internet address–that activates it
- The (Horrid Annoying) Drawing Canvas–get rid of it
- What’s Today’s Date–use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Alt+D in MS Word
- Menu command is grayed out–push escape four times (you’re probably in something but you don’t know you are). This works 90% of the time
- Show all your tools on the Standard and Formatting toolbars–not just a few (click the double arrow at the end of the toolbar; select Show buttons on two rows)
- How to Open A New Word Doc Without the Program–I love this one because I’m always in a hurry
- Typing over your text, rather than in front of it? Push the insert key
Questions you want answered? Leave a comment here and I’ll answer it within the next thirty days.
To sign up for Tech Tips delivered to your email, click here.
To sign up for our upcoming ebook, 98 Tech Problems From the Classroom And How to Teach Students to Solve Them, click the image below:
Jacqui Murray is the editor of a technology curriculum for K-sixth grade, creator of two technology training books for middle school and three ebooks on technology in education. She is the author of Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy midshipman. She is webmaster for six blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, a columnist for Examiner.com, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco guest blogger, IMS tech expert, and a weekly contributor to Write Anything. Currently, she’s editing a thriller for her agent that should be out to publishers this summer. Contact Jacqui at her writing office or her tech lab, Ask a Tech Teacher.