I had a lot of requests for student workbooks to go with the K-8 Technology Curriculum. Finally–they are available!
9 grade-level technology curriculum student eworkbooks (kindergarten through 8th grade–only 3rd-8th available currently). Aligned with the Structured Learning K-8 technology curriculum (which is aligned with Common Core and ISTE)–one ebook per grade level. Each ebook is 136-195 pages, with 193-230 images.
This is a student-paced, student-directed course that integrates with any school curriculum and prepares students for end-of-year Common Core testing. Includes:
- why learn technology?
- formative and summative assessments
- domain-specific vocabulary
- relevant tech problem solving
- required digital citizenship overview
- curriculum map with a K-8 timeline of topics
- embedded links so students can simply click and go—no searching for the site, trying to remember the site address
- rubrics, quizzes, study guides, and more–to save teacher duplicating. It’s right there in the workbook!
- over one hundred full-color images and how-tos
- samples of projects at student fingertips so wherever they’re practicing, they have an example and directions
- background material right there. If student wants to remember what they did a week–a month–ago, it’s right there.
- extensions to dig deeper for those who are inspired by a topic
- year’s worth of homework–all in one place
- workbook goes with the student. It’s licensed to them through the school. If they’re in the library, the classroom, the soccer field, they can practice. Even at home (with appropriate license).
What’s included in Student Workbooks
- student digital workbooks for the entire class
- teacher manual for each grade level purchased (print–international excluded–and digital)
- 32 teacher videos weekly to address current lesson
Benefits of a Room License for School:
- provide an overarching curriculum map for using technology in your school
- provide access to full text PDF (or videos where relevant) from 26 digital devices in the room, 24 hours a day. This maximizes productivity and student independence.
- enable flexible learning paths as students work at their own pace, with the ability to review or work ahead as needed
- share tech-in-ed pedagogy to infuse your classroom with technology
- enable teachers to dig deeper into relevant topics, vertically integrate with core grade-level teachers
- provide multiple authentic and organic methods of formative and summative assessment
- provide free online Help via Ask a Tech Teacher (staffed by educators who use SL resources) and grade-specific wikis (for K-5 tech curriculum). This is unique to Structured Learning’s technology curriculum, not found with any other provider
- free desk copy of print book for teacher use (if available in print and for domestic customers only)
Benefits of Room License for Students:
- provide easy access to monthly lessons, how-tos, rubrics, project samples, practice quizzes, grade-level expectations, homework, images, and check lists (grade level Scope and Sequence and the Ready to Move On monthly keyboard workbooks lists, for example)
- provide quick links to websites required in lessons
- provide full color instructions that can be zoomed in on for greater detail
- allow a convenient place to take lesson notes (using a PDF annotator like iAnnotate)
- encourage students to be independent in their learning, work at their own pace rather than a one-size-fits-all class pace. This is great both for students who need more time and those who ‘get it’ and want to move on
- enable a quick way to spiral up to the next grade level for quick learners or back to earlier resources for student needing to scaffold their learning
- provide access to 12 companion videos (Ultimate Guide to Keyboarding curriculum license only) to take students through each month of their keyboarding journey. They’re approximately one hour, viewed at student’s pace
- prepare students for the rigor of end-of-year summative testing
To kick off these workbooks: If you’re an AATT or Structured Learning subscriber, get 25% off when you purchase a Room License for one grade-level or a set of K-8 student workbooks for the technology curriculum.
If you need a license for your school or District, contact Zeke dot Rowe at StructuredLearning dot net–he’ll give you a special 25% off code for those.
Also applies to K-8 Keyboarding Student Workbooks.
Coupon code: STUDENTWKBKSPECIAL
Discount: 25% off a Room License (up to 26 seats) on 1-9 grades
Applies to: All student workbooks (for tech and keyboarding curricula)
Works on all of these digital devices:
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-18 technology for 30 years. She is the editor/author of over a hundred tech ed resources including a K-8 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum. She is an adjunct professor in tech ed, Master Teacher, webmaster for four blogs, an Amazon Vine Voice reviewer, CAEP reviewer, CSTA presentation reviewer, freelance journalist on tech ed topics, contributor to NEA Today and TeachHUB, and author of the tech thrillers, To Hunt a Sub and Twenty-four Days. You can find her resources at Structured Learning.