If you have an app you use in your classroom, please add it to comments at the bottom. I’ll update as soon as possible.
If you’re the developer of a great educational app, please contact me. I’ll review it. If it meets Ask a Tech Teacher standards (high quality, ease of use, no/low advertising, quality educational value), I’ll list it. More details here.
- Puppet Pals HD (free)–Create your own unique shows with animation and audio in real time
- That’s Baloney!–educational trivia game
- Duolingo–learn different languages
- Nearpod–works on iOS and the web; free or fee; plan lessons and then assess
- Learn Chinese with Mandarin Madness–Learn Mandarin Chinese vocabulary the FUN and EASY way with Mandarin Madness the AMAZINGLY EFFECTIVE vocabulary training game.
- LandFormer–Raise and lower terrain to solve puzzles in this unique and challenging game.
- TapQuiz Maps–Play TapQuiz™ Maps for an easy and quick way to master geography. Learn the countries of the world through a fun and engaging game!
- A Jazzy Day–introduce children to jazz music. Funny and enticing
- Talking Tom Cat–repeats what students say
- Belfry Sound Effects–sound effects player written for schools and small scale theatre venues
- ConjuVerb–contains over 600 of the most used verbs in Spanish
- Google Sheets--free; create new or edit existing
- MS Excel–free; create new or edit existing; no Office 365 subscription required to edit
- Spreadsheet Touch–similar to Excel
- Color Uncovered–Explore the surprising side of color with Color Uncovered, an interactive book that features fascinating illusions, articles, and videos developed by the Exploratorium.
- Letter School–for handwriting
- PBS Kids–Watch videos from your favorite PBS KIDS television series anytime, anywhere (in the USA).
- Periodic Table of iPad Apps
- Scan–fastest, simplest and most user-friendly QR Code and barcode scanner available