30 Projects that integrate technology into core lesson plans
The Key to Aligning Your K-5 Class with Common Core State Standards is for classroom teachers, technology integration specialists and lab professionals, as a resource for aligning your technology program with the Common Core State Standards now implemented in forty-six states. You will find it a foundational tool for scaffolding technology into the areas of math, language, reading, writing, speaking and listening as is required in CCSS. Overall, they are authentic approaches to student-centered learning, asking the student to be a risk-taker in his/her educational goals and the teacher to act as guide. The essential questions are open-ended and conversations organic and inquiry-driven, ultimately asking students to take responsibility for the process of their own learning.
It can be used as a resource book, to provide exciting new lessons that seamlessly blend technology with lesson plans and involve students in the many new tools available to enrich their educational experiences, or a road map, plotting the vertical planning and differentiated instruction fundamental to CCSS goals.
There are thirty lessons, five per grade level. Each includes:
- The Common Core State Standard alignment
- The Essential Question—the Big Idea
- An Overview
- Objectives and Steps
- A Sample (where appropriate)
- Links to related websites and material (where applicable)
- Additional grade levels suitable for the lesson
When will it be shipped?
- Print books: Delivered within 7-9 days
- Digital books: Delivered within 24 hours via email
What’s it cost?
- Print: $29.95
- Digital: $20.95
- Print/digital Combo $44.95 (save 10%)
Questions? Visit the publisher’s website for more details and a preview.
Here are four articles that will help you to understand the education standard now adopted by 45 states:
- Common Core requires publishing. Technology makes that happen
- What are Common Core keyboarding standards?
- 7 Ways Common Core Will Change Your Classroom
- 7 Common Core Ways to Assess Knowledge
Jacqui Murray has been teaching K-8 technology for 15 years. She is the editor of a K-8 technology curriculum, K-8 keyboard curriculum, K-8 Digital Citizenship curriculum, and creator of technology training books for how to integrate technology in education. She is webmaster for six blogs, CSG Master Teacher, an Amazon Vine Voice book reviewer, Editorial Review Board member for Journal for Computing Teachers, Cisco guest blogger, a columnist for Examiner.com, IMS tech expert, and a weekly contributor to TeachHUB. Currently, she’s editing a techno-thriller that should be out to publishers next summer.