- iMovie – Apple’s video editor keeps improving and gets better every year.
- Green Screen by DoInk – Quite possibly one of my favorite apps ever. Love it.
- Animation & Drawing by DoInk – Draw and animate your very own movie
- TouchCast Studio & TouchCast Ext Cam – If you’ve never used it before, just try it.
- MovieDrops for iMovie – perfect companion app for green screen video backgrounds
- IntroMate Intro Maker for iMovie – Create awesome video intros quickly and easily
- Hyperlapse – a time-lapse movie maker and video stabilization app
- iMotion HD – perfect for easy stop motion movies, or the odd time-lapse movie
- Splice – a free video editor that is as good as, or better than, iMovie.
- Quik – the quickest and easiest app for making photo slideshows, bar none!
- IPEVO Whiteboard – Screencast and annotate over live video for free!
- ExplainEverything – Arguably one of the best iPad apps for education.
- Adobe Spark Video – An amazing, free digital storytelling video app from Adobe.
- ChatterPix Kids – Endless fun for young and old. Few apps are easier to learn.
- Explain Everything–turn multimedia slides into a movie
- Meercat–easy, press stream and start
- Periscope–live stream videos from your classroom
- SockPuppets–use sock puppets to tell a story
- CuteCut—create movies
- Lego Moviemaker–stop motion movie with Lego creations
- Magisto–choose video; select theme; add music; done
- Quick Video Editor
- WeVideo–collaborative; record on mobile devices; edit on desktop; works great on Chromebooks
- EdPuzzle–desktop, iOS, Android; edit, quizzify, and add your voice to any video. Pick a video, personalize it for your group, add your voice, and then track student understanding. You can even include quizzes.
- Touchcast—An iOS app that allows you to take a video and add ‘hotspots’ with interactive elements.
- VideoNot.es–embed notes; link directly to your Google account; an app or Chrome app
Stop motion Animation
- Stop Motion Animator — for Chromebooks