As a working technology teacher, I get hundreds of questions from parents about their home computers, how to do stuff, how to solve problems. Each Tuesday, I’ll share one of those with you. They’re always brief and always focused. Enjoy!
Q: I want to link my Word document (or my Outlook email) to a website. How do I do that?
A: Follow these easy steps:
- Go to the website you want to link to
- Copy the address from the address bar (Ctrl+copy or Edit-paste from the menus)
- Return to your Word doc or email (from the taskbar at the bottom of the screen)
- Highlight the words that you want to use to link to the website
- Press Ctrl+K
- Press Ctrl+V
- Push enter
- The word has turned blue with a line under it, showing it is a link
- To use it, your readers will push Ctrl+click on the link
There are a lot of sophisticated options that go along with adding links, but this is the quick and easy way.
Questions you want answered? Leave a comment here and I’ll answer it within the next thirty days.
To sign up for Tech Tips delivered to your email, click here.